Press conference and interview opportunities to cover Supreme Court Decision
LOS ANGELES (May 22, 2009)—An Invocation By Rabbi Denise Eger will launch a press conference on May 26th at 9:45am in advance of the release of California Supreme Court’s ruling in the Prop 8 legal challenge. California Faith for Equality clergy and lay leaders will join lawyers and civil rights leaders, will discuss the impact of the court’s decision and the next steps moving forward at 10:30am.
What: Prop 8 legal challenge ruling press conference
When: May 26th at 9:45 a.m.
• Samuel M. Chu, Interim Executive Director, CA Faith for Equality (Speaks Mandarin Chinese)
• Rabbi Denise Eger, President, Southern California Board of Rabbis
• Rev. Dr. Neil Thomas, Senior Pastor, MCC-LA; President CA Faith for Equality Board
• The Rev. Susan Russell, All Saints Church, Pasadena & President, Integrity USA
• Father Geoffrey Farrow, Catholic priest who opposed Prop 8. Fluent in Spanish)
• The Rev. Abel Lopez, Chair Hispanic Task Force, Episcopal Church USA (Fluent in Spanish)
• Douglas Hunter, Mormon lay leader
• Rabbi Steven Jacobs, Rabbi Emeritus, Temple Kol Tikvah
• Rev Art Cribbs, pastor of the San Marino Congregational Church (UCC) San Marino, CA
• Rev Dae Jung, Minister, First Congregational Church of LA & Chaplain of Pilgrim School. (Fluent in Korean)
Where: Lucy Florence Cultural Center
3351 W. 43rd Street
Los Angeles, CA 90008
The cases are Strauss et al. v. Horton et al. (S168047); Tyler v. California et al (S168066; and CCSF v. Horton (S168078). For more information, go to: http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/courts/supreme/highprofile/prop8.htm
Interviews in Spanish and Mandarin available.
For more information contact: Louise Brooks media Coordinator 626-993-4605